Life

Have you ever been in the shower and said to yourself, “I’ve totally got life figured out!” Then you go to reach for your towel and realize you forgot to set one out for easy access? That is my life right now.

Every time I keep feeling like I’ve got things figured out, life throws a curveball at me. If you should know one thing about me, it’s that I don’t have very good hand-eye coordination so I end up either getting hit in the face by said curveball or fumbling around as I try to catch it. (It’s usually the first one.)

I got laid off from my job about four months ago. I wasn't really in love with said job, but it provided a safety net as I pursued my dream of being a videographer. Now all I have is my dream and over 50 rejected job applications. Life, am I right?

Well, I'm not letting it get me down and neither should you! Life will always throw curveballs, but we decide what we do with those curveballs. I've decided to treat mine as opportunities! How else would I have had the time to learn as much as I can about filmmaking, spend a week with my parents in Arizona, or go through all of my study abroad pictures? Or find the video below that has become my go-to dance move? Hahaha 😂 It's all about perspective!





Comments