Persistence

Funny story about this word:

Once upon a time, I wanted to make a picture for my parents with a quote that included the word persistence. You know, one of those inspirational pictures? Yeah. I showed it to almost everyone I could to make sure that it looked good and, let's be honest, to get validation. I printed off a draft to make sure that the colors looked good and that it would fit in the frame I had for it. It did. When I went to print off the actual picture, I was informed that I had spelled the word persistence wrong.

Yep. I had showed it to essentially my WHOLE family, and a worker at AmeriCopy was the one to tell me that it was "persistence" not "persistance

I don't think my family even LOOKED at the quote. 

Sad.

Anyway, I gave my parents the picture after fixing this mistake, and it now proudly hangs in the office of their home, reminding them to be persistent as they pursue their dreams.


The reason why I thought of this picture/story was because of the pertinence that this has in my life. I am so close to graduating. And what then? I have several dreams and goals that have been on the back burner while I finished school and gained the tools necessary to complete them. And now, here I am, getting to the end of one race and to the beginning of another. It's time for those dreams to come to life. It's a little scary to not have school to hide behind. However, persistence in following these dreams is a good place to start right? 

School aside, there are also other dreams I have. Dreams that I have messed up big time because of mistakes I've made. This is where this persistence comes in. Persistence to work past my comfort zone to fix these mistakes. Persistence to do everything in my power and then rely on Heavenly Father for the rest. 

Ever seen the Ted Talk on vulnerability? Well here it is for your viewing pleasure. You won't regret watching.


Also, listen to this song. It's my favorite right now and oh so applicable. 


Comments