Sometimes I get lucky


Ever heard of BYUHitlist? Think it doesn't work? Think again!
Now, right about now, you're probably asking yourself, "Self, how could she possibly know that it works?" 
And this is when I say that last November, I became the proud winner of a shiny, $200 gift card to JCrew. 
That's right, I actually won something. 
For those of you who know me, you know that I don't always have the best of luck. Or timing. Both of which are essential to winning anything on this website. But it happened. And Christmas was a lot happier because of it.
Now, I understand that this happened last November. You're probably wondering why I'm posting about it months later. Well there really is no good reason for it other than me just realizing how lucky and blessed I have been the last couple of months. 
So after I won this gift card, I was also able to sell my contract for my apartment. Although it may not seem like a big deal, if any of you know how many girls were trying to sell their contracts in Provo for Winter semester (Spring for the non-BYU world), it really was a miracle.


And now, this brings me to my final piece of good luck. 
Last semester, I took a finance class for my minor. Although hundreds of people take finance classes every semester, I am saddened to say that I was one of those hundreds of people for more than just last semester. For some reason, I have a hard time with finance. Mostly just personal finance. Which is why I was hoping this one would be different because it was business finance, or "Financial Management" as it was called. 
As much as I learned throughout the semester, I was ready to be done with that class. So when the time for the final came, I woke up at 6 am to get to it on time. 2.5 hours later, I was finally done. I turned my test in to the TA and walked out, feeling pretty good about how I had done.
And then, the worst thing that could happen, happened.
My scantron got thrown away with my scratch paper.
And shredded.

My TA called to break the news to me. He said he would speak with my professor to see what would need to be done, and then call me back.
So there I was, sitting in my boxed up room having a panic attack as I waited for him to call me back with the verdict. Would I need to retake the test? If so, I should probably find my notes so I could review them. What if they didn't even believe that I had taken the final though? Would they fail me?
Then the phone rang.

And what happened next can only described as a Christmas miracle (considering it was right before Christmas). My professor had looked at my grades for the semester and decided that I had done well enough to merit a coveted A. Without having me retake the final.
All I can say is bless his soul.


So I ask, who says I'm not lucky?
 Oh wait... I do. 

Comments